The mobile app is an easy way for parents to stay informed on the go. To get the app, just visit the Apple Store, search for Satchel One, and download or click the link below.
Once you have downloaded the app, you will need to search for your child's school. The best way to do this is by using the school's postcode. On the next screen you will be able to select Log in with email or username if you have logged into your account before. Or, if you are logging in for the first time with a code, please select I've been given a PIN or Parent Code to get into my account. You can use your parent code up to 5 times to create separate accounts for other guardians. When you are logged in, you will be prompted to select a student which will take you to their To-do list.
Once logged in, you can get to the main menu anytime by tapping on the menu bar in the top-left corner. You can use the main menu to navigate to the following sections:
- To-do list: View upcoming, past, or overdue homework
- Timetable: View your scheduled classes per week. Kindly note this section will only appear if your school has Timetables enabled.
- Notice board: View school announcements and event reminders
- Reminders: Your own list of personal reminders
- Updates: Review notifications for grades, comments or announcements that have been posted for you
- Settings: Update your account settings, access our Help Centre or get in touch with us,
- Sign out: Click to log out of your account on the app
If you have more than one child linked to your account, you will be able to switch to their account/s by simply swiping across to their name, along the top of the menu section.
- Upcoming shows tasks which have been set by your child's teacher which have not yet reached their due date. You can toggle the All/To-do switch at the top of this view if you wish to hide any homework your child has marked as completed
- Past shows tasks that have passed their due date
- Overdue shows tasks which have passed their date but have not yet had anything submitted to them
The items in all 3 lists are in descending order based on their due date. Homework tasks with the nearest due date will appear at the top. Your child may tap the box beside the task name from their account where a tick will appear and it will be marked off as 'Complete'.
💡 Because the To-do list is simply an organisational tool, marking a homework as complete does not submit homework or communicate to the teacher that the homework is completed!
Is the app version of the To-do list the same as the website version?
In order for the list to display as nicely as possible, some small differences between the two To-do lists do exist. For more information, please refer to our To-do list user guide.
Why am I unable to mark items as complete or submit homework online from my parent account?
This feature is intended as an organisational tool, only available from student accounts. Your child will be able to mark items as complete from their personal account by ticking the box beside the task title. To complete quizzes, spelling tests and any online submissions, please ensure that your child is logged into their own student account.